Registration is Underway for Symposium on Adult Clinical Care on Jan. 16
January 8, 2016 2:12 pm
The 15th Annual Best Clinical Practice Symposium will be held Saturday, Jan. 16, at the Sacred Heart Conference Center on Ninth Avenue at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola. The symposium is designed for internists, family practitioners, geriatricians, nurses, nursing-home administrators, social workers and allied-healthcare professionals.
Focusing on the care of the adult patient, the event will feature presentations on the following:
antibiotic stewardship, population health management, palliative care, benefits of early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy, enhanced recovery after surgery, benign proctologic disorders, and movement disorders.
Jointly sponsored by The Medical Educational Council of Pensacola (MECOP), Sacred Heart Senior Services and Sacred Heart Health System, the symposium will begin at 7:15 a.m. with registration and a continental breakfast. The event will conclude at 4:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided, too.
- Symposium faculty include the following:
- Issa Ephtimios, Sacred Heart infectious disease specialist;
- Jennifer Dulin, Sacred Heart palliative care specialist;
- T. Joseph Dennie, Jr., an orthopedic surgeon on the Sacred Heart Medical Staff;
- Charles Wolff, Sacred Heart neurosurgeon;
- John Myers, ophthalmologist, Retina Specialty Institute, and a member of the Sacred Heart Medical Staff;
- Joseph E. Bornstein, colorectal surgeon, Providence Surgical Specialties, Mobile, Ala.; and
- Jordan B. Asher, chief clinical officer/chief innovation officer, MissionPoint Health Partners, Nashville, Tenn.
To register, or for more information on cost and education credits, call 850-477-4956 or visit MECOP at www.mecop.org.
CONTACT: Pat Richey, 251-633-1302 or Mike Burke, 850-416-1153