2016 Festival of Flowers, “Taking Flight to a World of Gardens”.
February 10, 2016 10:56 am
Date: Thursday, March 10 – Sunday, March 13, 2016
Time: 9am – 5 pm Thursday – Saturday, 11am – 5 pm Sunday
Place: Providence Hospital Campus, 6801 Airport Blvd., Mobile, AL 36608
Up, up and away! Soar to the faraway corners of the earth, where wondrous collaborations of man and nature await. The theme of the 2016 Festival of Flowers, “Taking Flight to a World of Gardens,” showcases the unparalleled beauty of some of the world’s most breathtaking landscapes. Explore the artful symmetry of a French parterre, seek contentment and harmony in a tranquil Zen garden, and immerse yourself in the floral vibrancy of a South American paradise. Produced by the Providence Hospital Foundation and presented by Wells Fargo, this year’s festival will take visitors on a spectacular globe-trotting garden tour. Whether ancient or modern, grand or humble, large or small, amazing and inspiring floral wonders abound. On March 10 – 13th, come fly away to a fascinating world of gardens!
Featured attractions for 2016:
- Life-Size Landscaped Gardens – The artistry of regionally acclaimed landscape architects and garden designers
- Bellingrath Gardens and Home – A parterre garden designed by Mobile’s world-renowned garden destination
- Container Gardens – European styles for every home
- World of Flowers – Exquisite blooms from north, south, east and west
- Designer Tablescapes – Entertaining with an international twist
- Seeds of Wisdom – Floral interpretations of the world’s best-loved authors
- Floral Design Showcase – Haute couture fashioned from flowers
- Special Events – Harvey Cotten, noted horticulturalist and garden writer will be featured on Friday, March 11th!
- Artist Showcase – Original works by Alabama artist Missy Patrick
- Photography Contest – Area photographers vying for top honors
- Children’s Garden Tent – Gardening fun for young sprouts
- Seminars and Demonstrations – Expert advice from flower and garden gurus
- Gardener’s Galleria – Tented marketplace for plants, pots, and unique garden and gift items
- Garden Café – The venue for casual dining during show hours
- Free and convenient parking; designated tour bus and handicapped parking
- Festival proceeds will be used to purchase a state-of-the-art high resolution X-ray imaging system for the Providence Hospital surgical suites
Individual Tickets: $14 at gate; $12 in advance; $13 Seniors (65+) at gate; Group Rate (14+) $11.50 Children (Ages 12 and under) Free