The Diabetes Center at Providence Hospital is the center of excellence for diabetes and prediabetes services in Mobile and surrounding areas. We offer education programs for people who have been diagnosed with diabetes or for those who want to prevent diabetes. Before people develop Type 2 Diabetes, they almost always have “prediabetes” – blood glucose levels that are higher than normal but not yet high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes.
Are you at risk for Type 2 Diabetes?
Take the Diabetes Risk Test from the American Diabetes Association.
See your healthcare provider for a blood glucose test. An A1c test may also be done, which measures your average blood glucose for the past 2 to 3 months.
|Normal||Fasting less than 100 mg/dl|
|Prediabetes||100 mg/dl to 125 mg/dl|
|Diabetes||126 mg/dl or higher|
|Normal||Less than 5.7%|
|Prediabetes||5.7% to 6.4%|
|Diabetes||6.5% or higher|
We can help you stay healthy and keep your blood glucose and A1c in the
“Glycemic Control Green Zone”:
- Diabetes Made Simple is a one-day class and provides a complete guide to taking care of your diabetes
- Healthy Eating with Diabetes allows you to meet with our diabetes educator for a meal plan that helps control your blood sugar and weight
- Introduction to Insulin Pumps helps you learn how insulin pumps can help control blood sugars
- Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring teaches you how to keep tabs on your blood sugar 24 hours a day
- Insulin Training teaches you about insulin pens, vials and syringes, and insulin pumps
- Diabetes and Pregnancy helps ensure healthy moms and babies
- Individual Sessions allow you to discuss topics and needs important to you
- Follow-up and Ongoing classes help keep you up-to-date and healthy
Diabetes Prevention Services Available:
- Diabetes Prevention Program helps you make lasting changes which reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes
- Individual Appointment with Nutritionist for any medical condition
Providence Hospital, Diabetes Center
6801 Airport Blvd., Providence Office Building
Building D, 4th floor, Suite 436
Mobile, Al 36608
For more information, please call the Diabetes Center at (251) 633-1987