Since 1854, Providence Hospital, under the spiritual leadership of the Daughters of Charity, has provided quality service and care to the citizens of the Mobile area. Our mission is to work among the sick and needy, and the Daughters are committed to administering care, support and love to their patients.
Through continued guidance, Providence has grown from a modest 60-bed facility to a 277-acre health care complex in west Mobile. Providence provides services encompassing the realm of medical knowledge such as outpatient surgery, radiation therapy, laser surgery, and diagnostic and invasive cardiology. However, to continue to offer the highest level of technology, donations from friends and supporters are needed.
Providence Foundation supports its mission through the presentation of two annual fundraising community events.
Festival of Flowers 25th Anniversary Celebration
Our signature event, the Festival of Flowers, attracts over 15,000 visitors each year from the Mobile community as well as from all areas of the country. This four-day flower and garden show is held each March on the Providence Hospital campus.
*Dates for the 2018 Festival of Flowers will be March 22nd – March 25th! A true horticultural extravaganza you will not want to miss!
Proceeds from the event are designated to different areas of need at Providence each year.
Providence Foundation Golf Tournament
The annual Providence Hospital Foundation Charity Golf Classic will be held Thursday, October 19, 2017 to be held at Steelwood Country Club. Proceeds will benefit Camp Bluebird
The Title Sponsor for this event is Iberia Bank. All proceeds will benefit Camp Bluebird, an adult camp for adults age 18 or older, who have been diagnosed or treated for cancer and is held at Camp Grace in April and in October each year. The proceeds also benefit the Providence Hospital Cancer Center where we combine the best of what we do locally with national leaders in cancer care.
The Providence Foundation’s Charity Golf Classic is one of the most fulfilling annual events of the Providence Foundation for when you become a sponsor of this golf tournament, you enable many cancer patients a chance for a better life!
Please call the Foundation to reserve your spot 251.639.2050.
The Tree of Life
For more than a century, Providence Hospital has provided superior health care for a growing, improving, expanding community. And Providence has grown, improved and expanded with it.
The Tree of Life is a way of sharing this commitment. Your gift may be expressive of a joyous occasion, such as an anniversary or birthday, or the celebration of friendship; it may be an expression of sympathy or in memory of a relative or friend.
For a donation of $1,000, a Leaf on the Tree, with your engraved inscription, will display your generosity permanently. The Foundation Stones at the base of the Tree, also engraved, recognize $2,500 and $5000 gifts.
The Tree of Life is a symbol of caring. It symbolizes Providence Hospital?s outreach into the community and your affirmative support. It symbolizes dedication, commitment and our shared purpose. Through your support, the Tree of Life will grow, making possible the continued commitment to excellence in community health care.
Located in the hospital lobby, the Tree of Life recognizes those who have supported Providence Hospital through unrestricted giving.
Through your support, our Tree of Life will continue to grow, making it possible to meet the ever-increasing needs of our community and Providence Hospital.
The Cancer Fund
Gifts designated to the Cancer Fund will be used to help fund the cancer center’s programs and assist with capital needs for the center.
The Cancer Center at Providence combines the strengths of three organizations—Providence Hospital, Sacred Heart Health System and Seton Health Corporation of South Alabama—which are committed to working together to provide the highest quality cancer care to patients living along the Gulf Coast–including Trilogy, the most advanced technology available for radiation therapy and stereotactic radiosurgery.
High-quality, comprehensive cancer care The Cancer Center at Providence is staffed with six medical oncologists and two radiation oncologists. These physicians are supported by a dedicated team of professional, compassionate associates, offering patients a full range of chemotherapy and radiation therapy services. The Cancer Center at Providence also offers clinical trials as part of its physicians’ commitment to offer cutting edge therapy. In recognition of its high-quality, comprehensive services, the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons has accredited the Cancer Center at Providence as a “Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Center.”
Camp Bluebird offers a unique experience for adult cancer patients. Sponsored by Providence Hospital and the Telephone Pioneers, Camp Bluebird offers recreation, relaxation, crafts and activities, non-denominational worship services and the opportunity to openly discuss the experiences and emotions associated with cancer with other survivors. On the last day, as a sign of hope, each camper builds a birdhouse. Family members and close friends are invited to attend the concluding luncheon.
To find out more about Camp Bluebird or if you would like to become a sponsor please call the Foundation Dept. at 251-639-2050.
Gifts of Remembrance
Your gift, in memory of a loved one or as a living tribute, will be promptly acknowledged and appropriate recognition will be sent to those you designate informing them of your thoughtfulness.
Charge your commemorative gift from our secure payment processor.
If you prefer not to enter your credit card information online through our secure payment process, or if you would like to pay by check or money order (in US funds only) you can send your contribution by mail. Please print and complete our Gifts of Remembrance Form and mail it along with your check to:
Providence Hospital Foundation
P.O. Box 850429
Mobile, Alabama 36685
Since its beginning more than 150 years ago, Providence has been an integral part of the communities it serves. We are very proud of several ongoing as well as previous activities, including the following:
- Community Health Screenings, in schools, senior centers, adult congregate facilities, migrant worker camps and other areas, which have touched more than 45,000 individuals.
- A Senior Services Center, combined with a Boys and Girls Club, which was built with hospital funds and grant funds secured by the hospital to meet the needs of residents in Mobile Terrace and Hillsdale Heights.
- Camp MASH, (Make Arthritis Stop Hurting) an arthritis camp for children held at Camp Grace in West Mobile. Providence Hosptial Foundation and hospital staff volunteer their time serving lunch for the children and camp leaders.
- Rendu Terrace, a 49 unit low income senior housing community, built in conjunction with H.U.D., Mercy Housing, Inc. and Volunteer Mobile.
- Outreach to Hurricane Katrina victims and the BP Oil Spill. The Outreach team works closely with local health care providers, churches, and community agencies to identify and assist residents in need. For more information contact Outreach Services at 251-633-1578.
Providence Hospital is pleased to offer a support group for Breast Cancer Survivors.
ProvidenceHospital“Breast” Friends Breast Cancer Support Group:
- Started in 2008 to offer support to breast cancer patients and survivors
- Breast Cancer Survivors and hospital staff dedicated to the support of patients going through Breast Cancer treatment
- Support provided by education, physical presence, assistance with survivor events, community outreach and fund raising efforts
- Meet 2nd Friday of every month, except July
- “Breast” Friends Breast Cancer Outreach Fund started in 2009 -fund provides financial assistance for breast cancer patients receiving care at Providence Hospital
- “Breast” Friends Breast Cancer Outreach fund committee formed to develop disclosure form and policy for dispersing of funds. Patient assistance can be related to treatment costs, personal living expenses or other assistance as deemed appropriate by the committee
- Committee reports to “Breast” Friends meeting quarterly
- Referrals for financial assistance can be made by care coordinator, physician, staff, social worker or others involved in patient’s care
- Funds are dispersed through Providence Foundation
Patient Education Classes
- Childbirth preparation classes
- Breastfeeding classes
- Continuing Education for nurses and other health care professionals
For more information about community educational services, please contact Providence Hospital’s Education Department at 251-633-1090.