Meet our President
Welcome To Providence Hospital
“We are proud of our long legacy of committed service, a legacy stretching back more than 160 years. I cannot thank you enough for choosing Providence Hospital.
Providence is the hospital my family and I use, and we strive to make it the best for all in our community.”
On behalf of the Daughters of Charity, our 2,200 associates and the physicians and volunteers, we are pleased to welcome you to Providence Hospital. I hope your stay with us is as comfortable as possible, and that we not only meet, but exceed your expectations, as well as those of your family and friends who visit you. As Mobile’s only faith-based hospital, all of us at Providence bring a special commitment to our ministry that you may not find in other area healthcare facilities. We see our work as a calling to serve, to care and to heal. Please allow me to share a few facts with you about Providence:
- Providence Hospital was honored with an “A” grade in the Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 updates to the Hospital Safety Score, which rates how well hospitals protect patients from accidents, errors, injuries and infections. The Hospital Safety Score is compiled under the guidance of the nation’s leading experts on patient safety and is administered by The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog), an independent industry watchdog. (See www.hospitalsafetyscore.org for more details about the Hospital Safety Score)
- Providence is rated the safest hospital in Mobile and our 15,000 surgical cases have the best rating for surgery outcomes in Mobile, according to a major consumer ratings firm.
- Providence is a Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center for Spine and for Hip and Knee surgery.
- Providence has a robust Cardiac and Neurosurgery department staffed by the best board certified physicians and surgeons in the community performing thousands of cardiac procedures each year. Our Heart Failure Clinic and Stroke Center are rated “Gold” and “Gold Plus” by the American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association, and U.S. News and World Report rated us “High Performing” for heart care, making us the only hospital in the area and among the top ten percent in the nation with a High Performing service.
- Providence delivers more babies than any other private hospital in the region.
- Providence has the lowest readmission rates within the community, which means better care at the right time in the right setting for you and your loved ones.
- Providence has the only area Medicare Accountable Care Organization which is working hard to keep you well and at home. We will work with you to reconcile your medications and find social and community resources to keep you safe and well at home.