M.D. Anderson Cancer Network®
The Cancer Center at Providence Park is the leader in cancer care and services in Mobile and surrounding areas. As a certified member of MD Anderson Cancer Network®, The Cancer Center at Providence is able to bring new hope to local cancer patients by using treatment guidelines and best practices developed by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, ranked in the top two cancer centers in the nation since the U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals” survey began 25 years ago. Our cutting-edge technology, our scope of services and, most importantly, our commitment to treating the whole person–body, mind and spirit–offer new hope in cancer care.
Providence Hospital’s connection with MD Anderson Cancer Network brings the following powerful benefits to local cancer patients:
- Providence is the only Certified Member of MD Anderson Cancer Network in the area, and one of only a select group of hospitals in the nation to offer this powerful connection. To access the benefits of this affiliation, patients must choose a physician who has been certified by MD Anderson Cancer Network.
- Through MD Anderson Cancer Network, physicians at Providence are able to access more than 100 evidenced-based guidelines developed by MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Disease-specific guidelines for cancer treatment are supported by the expert opinions of MD Anderson physicians who specialize in treating cancer. Physicians at Providence interact with the physicians at MD Anderson in Houston through weekly videoconferences.
- The connection between MD Anderson Cancer Network and Providence enables quality assurance and best practices for oncology. In addition to the evidence-based guidelines developed by MD Anderson we use quality metrics endorsed by national professional organizations such as the National Quality Forum (NQF), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS).
- Ongoing concurrent studies conducted by MD Anderson Cancer Network and Providence Hospital demonstrate the power of combining our local resources with national leadership in cancer care. Together, we are raising the standard of cancer care in our community.
- In addition to diagnosis and treatment, Providence Hospital has access to guidelines for cancer prevention, early detection and follow-up care, and measures to evaluate clinical outcomes and quality of life.
- Our connection offers enhanced access to MD Anderson Cancer Center for local patients whose care cannot be provided locally or who choose to be treated in Houston.
Click here for more information on MD Anderson Cancer Center and MD Anderson Cancer Network.