The Adult Wellness Program at Providence Hospital provides medically-oriented exercise and education designed to assist individuals improve their functional ability and health. The Adult Wellness Program is classified by the American Heart Association and the American College of Sports Medicine (ASCM) as a Level 4 facility. A level 4 facility is defined as a fitness center that serves clients with clinical needs (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol) and has emergency equipment on site as well as certified ASCM Health/Fitness Instructors and Exercise Specialists. The staff is composed of qualified professionals who and are skilled at providing safe and effective exercise recommendations to individuals with a variety of needs. Our staff consists of qualified professionals who have obtained college degrees at the bachelor and master levels, as well as national certifications from ACSM.
- Completion of the Health History Questionnaire (available at the center)
- A signed Physicians’ Referral
- Graded Exercise Test (if required by referring physician)
- No hospitalization from cardiac or pulmonary disease within the past year.
Click here to view our Adult Wellness Program brochure.
Silver Sneakers Fitness Program
For those who have Seniors First HealthSpring of Alabama insurance or Humana of Alabama insurance the Providence Wellness Centers offers the SilverSneakers Fitness Program at no charge. Members of the SilverSneakers program may use all areas of the Wellness Center with unlimited visits per month.
- Silver Sneakers I Muscular Strength and Range of Movement:
Mondays and Fridays, 10:00 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11:00 AM–Muscular Strength and Range of Motion training designed for seniors. Participants must have Seniors First HealthSpring of Alabama, Humana of Alabama insurance or be a member to participate.
- Silver Sneakers II Cardio Circuit:
Monday & Wednesdays at 8:45 a.m. Upper body strength exercises combined with non-impact aerobics designed for seniors. Participants must have Seniors First HealthSpring of Alabama or Humana of Alabama insurance or be a member to participate.
Aquatic and Land Aerobic Classes
Providence Rehabilitation and Wellness Center offers a variety of land and aquatic aerobic classes to fit your individual needs. Our schedules are listed below. All aquatic and land aerobic classes are taught by certified instructors. Membership is required to attend any of these classes.
- Water Walk/Jog: Mondays through Thursdays, 7:15 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- Aquatic Arthritis: Mondays through Fridays, 10:00 a.m.; Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 11:00 a.m.
- Fibromyalgia Aquatic Class: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 4:00 p.m. Diagnosis of fibromyalgia required for participation.
- Special Needs Aquatic Class: Mondays and Wednesdays, 2:45 p.m. Designed for those with physical limitations. A caregiver must attend.
- Stretch and Tone for Women 50+: Tuesday and Thursdays, 9:00 am
- Stretch & Tone for Women: Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:15 am
- Abs & Stretching Class: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 12:00 noon.
- Low Impact Aerobics for Women 50+: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30 am
- TGIFitness: Fridays, 9:00 am
- Seated Strength & Stretch: Mondays & Fridays, 10:00 am
- Cardio Mix: Monday & Wednesday 4:15 pm
- Pilates: Monday & Thursday 5:15 pm
- Armit Yoga: Wednesdays, 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Special Needs Chair Yoga: Wednesdays 10:00 a.m.
- Babycize Water Aerobics—Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00 p.m. Pre-natal and up to 3 months post-natal.