Hospitals are much more than places where patients stay for several days. In today's healthcare environment, patients increasingly have a choice. Even advanced procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis, allowing patients to experience less disruption to their busy lives.
At Providence, we offer a full array of outpatient diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative services, with facilities and technology unsurpassed in the region.
The keystone of Providence's outpatient capabilities is the 100,000-square foot Outpatient Center, which offers outpatient diagnostics, surgery, gastroenterology, neurodiagnostics, and heart and vascular services in one convenient, beautiful location.
Providence's outpatient services are accessed through the Providence Medical Office Plaza, a 300,000-square foot complex that houses many of Mobile's leading physicians.
Dedicated areas for outpatient registration, pre-admission testing, outpatient laboratory draws and outpatient electrocardiograms are located in Building B of the Medical Office Plaza. Valet parking is available at the Building B entrance (look for the large silver canopy). MRI patients register at the MRI center, adjacent to the emergency room.
Outpatient services available at Providence include the following:
- Outpatient diagnostics, including lab tests, x-rays and other diagnostic imaging procedures
- The Breast Center, offering screening mammography and diagnostic evaluations
- Heart and vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures, from routine electrocardiographs to diagnostic catheterizations
- Outpatient rehabilitation, including physical and occupational therapy, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, aquatic therapy and adult wellness services
- An accredited Diabetes Education Center
- A comprehensive Gastroenterology Laboratory
- Outpatient cancer services
- Neurodiagnostic services
- Nutritional counseling by registered dieticians
- Pain management services
- Sleep evaluation services, with centers on the Providence campus and in Foley
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine, offering comprehensive care for problem wounds
Additionally, Open MRI Scanning and PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography with Computed Tomography) Scanning are offered on the Providence campus through Providence affiliates.
For more information on any of our outpatient services, please call 251-633-1000 and ask to be directed to the appropriate department.
From routine x-rays to the most sophisticated Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) studies, Providence can meet the needs of patients and physicians for high-quality diagnostic services. Our capabilities include:
- Bone densitometry
- CT – State of the art, 64 slice scanner
- MRI - Short-bore, High-field
- Nuclear medicine
- Radiological services, full scope
- Special procedure suites
Additionally, PET (positron emission tomography) scanning and Open MRI services are offered on the Providence campus by Providence affiliates.
Providence is among the leading hospitals in the region for outpatient surgery, with more than 10,000 outpatient surgeries performed in our facility each year. We understand the special needs of outpatients. That's why we offer a dedicated outpatient surgical center with seven operating suites as well as its own pre- and post-surgical care areas-and a staff of nurses and technicians focused on outpatient care.