CLICK TO VIEW YOUR NEWBORN PHOTO
Congratulations on your Wee Addition! Enjoy your baby's first photo from Wee Additions Photography and Providence Hospital.
"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle." Vincent Van Gogh
*For photos taken prior to May 28, click here
Providence Hospital has been caring through the ages for women of all ages. We recognize that women's healthcare is obstetrics and gynecology and much, much more. After all, we owe our very existence as a health ministry to a group of women - the Daughters of Charity, who have been meeting health and social service needs in our community since 1841.
At Providence, you'll find women's healthcare services for every stage of life.
- Ongoing Childbirth Classes and Breastfeeding Classes
- Our Family Birth Center offers beautifully-decorated birthing suites where moms can labor, deliver, recover and have their postpartum stay all in one room.
- In addition to our well-baby nursery, Providence has a special care nursery for those babies which need extra attention in their first days.
- In gynecological surgery, physicians at Providence have led the way in our area in such innovative procedures as Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy, a procedure which dramatically shortens the recovery period.
- Providence offers Uterine Fibroid Embolization - a minimally invasive technique for fibroid tumors of the uterus. This procedure is performed in the radiology department by interventional radiologist, Dr James Courtney. Call 633-1970 to discuss scheduling. Click here for more information about the procedure.
- Our Comprehensive Breast Center offers screening, diagnostic and treatment capabilities, and features the area's only full-time Patient Care Coordinator.
Women are special at Providence. You can trust us to meet your unique healthcare needs - whatever those needs may be.
Providence has been part of our community's growth for more than 150 years. As your family grows, we want to be your health care partner. Our Family Birth Center was the first in Mobile to offer Single Room Maternity Care - where mothers can labor, deliver, recover, and have their postpartum care all in one beautiful, family-friendly suite. When your precious little one is born, a unique lullaby will announce your new arrival to everyone in our hospital. Your family and friends can see pictures of your baby through our secure web nursery*.*For photos taken prior to May 28, click here