Offering New Hope in Cancer Care
The Cancer Center at Providence Park is the leader in cancer care and services in
surrounding areas. As a Certified Member of MD Anderson Cancer Network™, The Cancer Center at
Providence is able to bring new hope to local cancer patients by using treatment guidelines and best
practices developed by The University of Texas MD Anderson Center, the No. 1 cancer hospital
according to US News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals” survey.” Our cutting-edge technology, our
scope of services and, most importantly, our commitment to treating the whole person--body, mind
and spirit--offer new hope in cancer care.
High-quality, comprehensive services
The Cancer Center at Providence Park is staffed with eight medical oncologists and two radiation
oncologists. These physicians are supported by a dedicated team of professional associates, offering
patients a full range of chemotherapy and radiation therapy services.
Providence Hospital's cancer care technology is unmatched in the area, and includes:
- The Trilogy™ radiation treatment system, featuring Image-Guided Radiation Therapy, Stereotactic Radiosurgery,and Conformal Radiotherapy on a single platform
- The only stem cell transplant program in the Gulf Coast region
- A Comprehensive Breast Center featuring the latest in diagnostic and treatment capabilities, and the area's only full-time Patient Care Coordinator
- On-site PET/CT scanning
- Compassionate, Supportive Care
As a patient of The Cancer Center, our team is available to help you with appointments, financial assistance, community resources and any other needs you may have during or after your treatment.
Power Behind Connections - MD Anderson Cancer Network
MD Anderson Cancer Network is a program offered exclusively through The University of Texas
MD Anderson Cancer Center. Providence Hospital, a Certified Member of MD Anderson Cancer Network,
has joined a select group of hospitals and health care systems that share MD Anderson’s mission to
eliminate cancer. We are part of an integrated program for managing and treating cancer that uses
evidence-based guidelines, treatment plans and concordance studies developed by MD Anderson. The Cancer Center at Providence is committed to elevating the quality of care in our community by combining the best of what we provide locally with the resources of a national leader in cancer care.
Providence Hospital’s connection with MD Anderson Cancer Network brings the following powerful benefits to local cancer patients:
- Providence is the only Certified Member of MD Anderson Cancer Network in the area, and one of only a select group of hospitals in the nation to offer this powerful connection.
- Through MD Anderson Cancer Network, physicians at Providence are able to access more than 100 evidenced-based guidelines developed by MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Disease-specific guidelines for cancer treatment are supported by the expert opinions of MD Anderson physicians who specialize in treating cancer. Physicians at Providence interact with the physicians at MD Anderson in Houston through weekly videoconferences.
- The connection between MD Anderson Cancer Network and Providence enables quality assurance and best practices for oncology. In addition to the evidence-based guidelines developed by MD Anderson we use quality metrics endorsed by national professional organizations such as the National Quality Forum (NQF), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS).
- Ongoing concurrent studies conducted by MD Anderson Cancer Network and Providence Hospital demonstrate the power of combining our local resources with national leadership in cancer care. Together, we are raising the standard of cancer care in our community.
- In addition to diagnosis and treatment, Providence Hospital has access to guidelines for cancer prevention, early detection and follow-up care, and measures to evaluate clinical outcomes and quality of life.
- Our connection offers enhanced access to MD Anderson Cancer Center for local patients whose care cannot be provided locally or who choose to be treated in Houston.
For more information on MD Anderson Cancer Center and
MD Anderson Cancer Network, please visit www.mdanderson.org/cancernetwork.
If you, or someone you love, has been diagnosed with cancer, please call:1-877-904-HOPE
|Cancer Center at Providence Park
|Cancer Center at Providence Park PET/CT
|Cancer Patient Navigator