MD Anderson Cancer Network™
Providence Hospital is a Certified Member of MD Anderson Cancer Network™, a program of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer, the No. 1 cancer hospital according to US News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals” survey.” Through this powerful connection, we are bringing new hope to cancer patients.
MD Anderson Cancer Network is a program offered exclusively through The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
As a Certified Member of MD Anderson Cancer Network, Providence Hospital is part of an integrated program for managing and treating cancer, utilizing evidence-based guidelines, treatment plans and concordance studies developed by MD Anderson Cancer Center. Providence has joined a select group of hospitals and health care systems that share MD Anderson’s mission to eliminate cancer. We are committed to elevating the quality of care in our community by combining the best of what we provide locally with the resources of a national leader in cancer care.
Providence Hospital’s connection with MD Anderson Cancer Network brings the following powerful benefits to local cancer patients:
- Providence is the only Certified Member of MD Anderson Cancer Network in the area, and one of only a select group of hospitals in the nation to offer this powerful connection.
- Through MD Anderson Cancer Network, physicians at Providence are able to access more than 100 evidenced-based guidelines developed by MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Disease-specific guidelines for cancer treatment are supported by the expert opinions of MD Anderson physicians who specialize in treating cancer. Physicians at Providence interact with the physicians at MD Anderson in Houston through weekly videoconferences.
- The connection between MD Anderson Cancer Network and Providence enables quality assurance and best practices for oncology. In addition to the evidence-based guidelines developed by MD Anderson we use quality metrics endorsed by national professional organizations such as the National Quality Forum (NQF), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS).
- Ongoing concurrent studies conducted by MD Anderson Cancer Network and Providence Hospital demonstrate the power of combining our local resources with national leadership in cancer care. Together, we are raising the standard of cancer care in our community.
- In addition to diagnosis and treatment, Providence Hospital has access to guidelines for cancer prevention, early detection and follow-up care, and measures to evaluate clinical outcomes and quality of life.
- Our connection offers enhanced access to MD Anderson Cancer Center for local patients whose care cannot be provided locally or who choose to be treated in Houston.
For more information on MD Anderson Cancer Center and MD Anderson Cancer Network, please visit www.mdanderson.org/cancernetwork.